Steam Room Design Details
Preparing for your Steam Room:
Below are some key points to take into consideration:
• Floor Waste/Drain: An essential item in a steam room is the floor waste/drain due to the high humidity.
• Ceiling Height: For efficiency, it’s recommended a steam room ceiling be lowered to 7 Feet. It’s common to rake or curve the ceiling in the room to reduce drips.
• Waterproofing: Complete room is waterproofed ceiling, walls and floor commonly known as Tanking.
• Tiled Floor: The most common flooring used in a Steam room is a non slip tile.
• Steam Room Doors: Must open outwards and have no latches or locks, a door closer or self-closing hinges are recommended to contain steam. Doors in a residential home are commonly frameless glass with a tight 3mm gap top and sides. Commercially doors are usually aluminium framed glass doors closing into an aluminium jamb.
• Wall Finishes: Tiles are the most common finish in a steam room however glass, aluminium sheet and stone can also be used.
• Exhaust fans: If using an exhaust fan in the case of a shower/steam room it is recommended the fan have either a damper or baffle in the ducting or a closing vent/grill so when using as a steam room the duct is closed.
• Steamers India steam generator location: Steam generator can be located a maximum of 7m from steam room outlets. Common locations are plant room, laundry, ceiling space, under floor and outside wall (if installed outside a weatherproof cover or box will be required for added protection).
• Services required at Steamers India steam generator: Cold water or Solar Water feed, Drainage/Tundish and power supply.
• Steam generator to steam room: ¾ lagged copper steam pipe from generator to supplied chrome steam outlets. Steam outlets are positioned 300mm above finished floor and away from bathers. Supplied thermostat sensor situated between 1.2-1.5m above finished floor away from steam outlets.
• Control Panel: Supplied control panel is located outside the steam room and is connected to generator with supplied RJ cable.
• Power Supply: Steam generators are hard wired and require a dedicated circuit from the switchboard and Main Switch should be ELCB+MCB Breakers Switch Board
• Lights: Lights in a steam room are usually low voltage and must have an IP65 rating. LED or halogen down lights are commonly used. Light switch must be located outside the Steam Room
Please send your plans/Drawing to our specialised Steam Room designers for a practical modern layout including a quotation for steam equipment required. Prompt reply guaranteed.
- Item Code: Steam_room_construction